Sri Lanka UNESCO Heritage Sites Tour
Click Here for special & the best Sri Lanka Heritage HOLIDAY Deals
Holidays in UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka.
Contact Us for Customized Sri Lanka UNESCO World Heritage Sites Tour Packages
Sri Lanka UNESCO Sites
Temple of the Tooth in Kandy
Sigiriya Rock - The Ancient Kingdom
Anuradhapura - First Ancient Capital of Sri Lanka
Polonnaruwa - Second Ancient Capital of Sri Lanka
Cave Temples Dambulla
Central Highlands of Sri Lanka
To Visit & Know About UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka contact us.
Connect With Us Now
Skype : susi.eardly
Viber : +94 77 350 7005
Whatsapp :+94 77 350 7005
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know your heritage tour requirements, needs & wants
UNESCO Heritage Tours in Sri Lanka
The ancient city of Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, the sacred city of Anuradhapura, Kandy Temple of the Tooth, Cave temple Dambulla, Sinharaja Forest Reserve, the old town of Galle and its fortifications and the central Highlands of Sri Lanka are inscribed as the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Sri Lanka. TripSriLanka.co, your Sri Lanka travel partner is here for you plan, organize, schedule Sri Lanka UNESCO World heritage sites tour. Call us today on our hotline +94 77 350 7005, or email us on email@example.com
and contact us for the delighted holidays World heritage sites in Sri Lanka.
5 Days Sri Lanka Heritage Tours Itinerary - Travel Plan for UNESCO Heritage Sites Sri Lanka
Day 01 : Colombo - Sigiriya
- We will pick you at the airport and after breakfast in a hotel near the airport, your Sri Lanka UNESCO World heritage tour begins. We proceed to Sigiriya, the World heritage site in Sri Lanka, and reach tour destination in around 4-5 hours time.
- Sigiriya rock climbing, spending about 4 hours there.
- Visit to Sigiriya museum.
- After lunch visit Sigiriya wewa and Pidurangala rock.
- Night stay in hotel in Sigiriya.
Day 02 : Sigiriya - Dambulla - Kandy - Sri Lanka UNESCO Heritage Sites
- After breakfast in Sigiriya, continue your UNESCO sites Sri Lanka tour to Dambulla.
- Visit to Dambulla Cave temple (the Golden Temple).
- In the evening, proceed to Kandy, another heritage tour destination in Sri Lanka & relax in hotel in Kandy.
Day 03 : Kandy
- Visit to Temple of Tooth Relic.
- Visit to Peredeniya Gardens.
- In the evening shopping in Kandy.
Day 04 : Kandy - Nuwara Eliya
- After breakfast proceed to Nuwara Eliya to witness the natural UNESCO World heritage sites in Sri Lanka.
- Boat ride in Gregory Lake.
- Visit to Tea plantations & Farms.
- Visit to Seetha Amman Temple.
- Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya Hotel.
Day 05 : Nuwara Eliya - Colombo
- After breakfast proceed to Colombo.
- Shopping time in Colombo.
- Relax in Colombo hotels and get ready for departure.
Kandy Temple Of Tooth Relic - World Heritage Site Sri Lanka
Tooth relic of Lord Buddha is housed in Dalada Maligawa, Kandy which is also known as Tooth Relic Temple. Dalada Maligawa is ancient royal palace where the last kingdom of Sri Lanka was located before the entire island became under the control of British colony in 1815. Still the royal palace is maintained well and you can witness the ancient Sri Lankan architecture & art in the palace. Looking for a visit to Kandy? Contact us today to design and organize your tour to Sri Lanka UNESCO heritage sites including Kandy.
Near by the temple, you can see the Kandy lake which was built by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe who is the last king of Sri Lanka, which is the another historical place to check out in Kandy on your travel to Sri Lanka. Peradeniya Royal Botanical gardens is popular tourist attraction in Kandy
which hosts species of medical plants, palm trees, orchids and more. There are few sacred temples around the city such as Gadoladeniya, Ambakke and Galviharaya, which are favored for structures and the frescoes. If you are interested to travel Kandy and scrutinize the ancient Kingdom, connect with TripSriLanka.co today for a Sri Lanka travel itinerary including heritage places in Sri Lanka.
Sigiriya Rock Fortress In Sri Lanka - Must Tour Destination On Sri Lankan Heritage Tours Itinerary
Sigiriya is considered as the eighth wonder of the World (mostly by the locals) since it is a rock based palace which still has the ruins of ancient castle ruled by the king Kashyapa of the 5th century AD. This is one of the most visited UNESCO World heritage sites in Sri Lanka, tourists enjoy the rock climbing and other activities during their Sri Lankan heritage tours to Sigiriya.
The mirror wall, lion gate and the Sigiriya frescoes are in the mid-level terrace of the rock, gardens around the rock Sigiriya which extends for meters away from below the rock, and on the top of the rock, you can witness the ancient palace architecture.The World heritage site in Sri Lanka, the Sigiriya still reflects the ancient architecture, water systems, complex rampart system & art. After the king's death, the kingdom was used by Buddhist monastery till 14th century and then left alone. To include this World heritage site Sri Lanka, the Sigiriya, on your tour itinerary & to see the best places around Sigiriya, and to do the best things is Sigiriya, contact us today
Later during British colony, Sigiriya was found again and still now it drives tourists to Sri Lanka to witness the wonders of ancient rock kingdom. Near Sigiriya you can do elephant back ride in the Sigiriya Wewa (lake) and enjoy the rock view by sitting an elephant's back while the elephant is walking through the water in the lake. Connect with TripSriLanka.co today to plan your tour around Sri Lanka UNESCO sites and enjoy your holidays in UNESCO heritage sites Sri Lanka with the magical power & history lied behind the Sigiriya rock & the fortress
, and other UNESCO sites Sri Lanka.
3 Days In UNESCO World Heritage Sites Sri Lanka - Heritage Tours Itinerary
Day 01 : Colombo - Anuradhapura
- After arrival transfer to Anuradhapura.
- Stay in Anuradhapura hotel, relax and save energy for Sri Lanka heritage sites tour.
- Visit around ancient Anuradhapura city and experience the ancient culture, building architecture and more with our Sri Lanka heritage tours guide.
Day 02 : Anuradhapura - Polonnaruwa
- After breakfast, transfer to Polonnaruwa.
- Visit ancient places in Polonnaruwa, the UNESCO sites Sri Lanka.
- Birds watching in the evening in Polonnaruwa, which is one of the best Sri Lanka World heritage sites showcase ancient cultural architecture together with nature.
Day 03 : Polonnaruwa - Colombo
- Transfer to Colombo
- Fun time at Galle Face Green Beach
- Stay in hotel & enjoy night life in Colombo
Anuradhapura - The Ancient City & The First Capital Of The Island - UNESCO Cultural Heritage Sites Sri Lanka
Anuradhapura is the city where the Sri Lankan culture begins, the history of Sri Lanka is dated even back to Anuradhapura period, there is no much hints about history prior to Anuradhapura is available. There are lots of places to visit in Anuradhapura & witness the ancient art, architecture, irrigation system, cultivation system and more. This is one of the best historical places in Sri Lanka, which was ruled by many Sri Lankan kings and dominated by South Indian kings time to time. To arrange a visit to Anuradhapura, to see the best places in Anuradhapura & to do the best things in the ancient city, contact us today to have Anuradhapura in your heritage tours in Sri Lanka.
Today, you can see stupas & sculptures of Lord Buddha and ancient built temples & art work; Jaya Sri Maha Bodi, Ruwanwelisaya (the largest stupa in Sri Lanka), Jetavanaramaya are the popular temples, to which still you can visit in Anuradhapura. Mihintale rock climbing, Isurumuniya temple, Twin Baths (Kuttam Pokuna), Samadhi statue, Abhayagiriya Dagoba (temple), Mirisaveti stupa, Kalu Diya ancient water pond , Ranmasu Uyana ancient pond, Lankarama stupa, Moonstone, Abhayagiri museum, Brazen palace (Lovamahapaya), ancient stone bridge, Vessagiriya ruins are some places which are not to be missed in Anuradhapura on your tour on UNESCO sites in Sri Lanka.
Galle - One of the Best Colonial Heritage Places In Sri Lanka
Galle is the down south city of Sri Lanka, which is popular for the Dutch Fort & beaches. Still you can explore the Dutch architecture in the fort and explore how it was built to safe guard from attacks, specially the rampart walls. Galle Dutch Fort, Dutch hospital and surroundings are designated as UNESCO World heritage site Sri Lanka to engrave the heritage monument.
Dutch hospital, Amangalla, National Maritime museum, Dutch market, light house beach, Galle international cricket stadium, historical mansion, flag rock, Dutch reformed church, are few of the other interesting places to visit in Galle as part of your tour to UNESCO World heritage sites in Sri Lanka. To have a walk in Galle fort and feel the Dutch style roads, contact us today to arrange a Galle fort guide to explore more ins and outs of Galle fort and port along with the history which is bound with Galle & Dutch colony during your heritage tours in Sri Lanka. Back to history, at first, Portuguese landed in Galle fort before they enter into other parts of the island, and the Galle port was busy those days with international trades similar to Colombo port these days. Want to print your foot in Galle and test out the destination with the British history? Keep in touch with us to arrange holidays in Sri Lanka UNESCO World heritage sites.
7 Days in Sri Lanka Heritage Sites - Tours Itinerary - Visit to UNESCO sites in Sri Lanka
Day 01 : Colombo - Sigiriya
- Transfer to Sigiriya from Airport.
- Sigiriya rock climb.
- Visit Sigiriya museum.
- After lunch, participate in leisure activities in hotel.
Day 02 : Sigiriya - Dambulla - Kandy
- After breakfast in Sigiriya, transfer to Dambulla.
- Visit Cave temples, the Golden temple & navigate in the Sri Lanka heritage site with our experienced tour guide.
- In the evening, proceed to Kandy.
Day 03 : Kandy - Galle
- Visit to Peradeniya Botanical Royal Gardens.
- After lunch, visit Kandy shopping center.
- In the evening visit Sri Dalada Maligawa, the temple of tooth relic, World heritage site Sri Lanka.
Day 04 : Galle - Sinharaja Forest
- In the morning transfer to Galle from Kandy and stay in Galle hotel.
- With our Galle tour guide, visit Galle fort
- Spend some time in Galle Beach
- Transfer to Sinharaja Forest, the natural UNESCO heritage sites in Sri Lanka.
Day 05 : Nuwara Eliya
- After breakfast in Galle, proceed to Nuwara Eliya.
- Visit farms, tea plantations and do mountain cycling.
- Fun with Kithulgala white water rafting.
Day 06 : Nuwara Eliya - Polonnaruwa
- After breakfast transfer to Polonnaruwa.
- Relax in a hotel & enjoy leisure activities.
- In the evening, visit Parakramabahu Samudra for Birds Watching & fun with bicycle ride around the ancient city.
Day 07 : Polonnaruwa - Colombo
- After breakfast, transfer from Polonnaruwa to Colombo.
- Visit Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple in Colombo.
- Enjoy evening in Mount Lavinia Beach & fun with nightlife, and get ready for departure next day morning.
Polonnaruwa the Second Ancient Capital of Sri Lanka - World Heritage Sites In Sri Lanka
Polonnaruwa is the second most ancient city of Sri Lanka and one of the cities in the triangle of historical cities. This UNESCO World heritage site Sri Lanka, reflects the Buddhist and Hindu culture on the ancient sculptures and stupas which are built by kings ruled Polonnaruwa. Want to ride bicycle in Polonnaruwa, explore other things to do in Polonnaruwa, and experience the best things to see in Polonnaruwa? Why not arrange Sri Lankan heritage tours? Contact us today to book a heritage tours in Sri Lanka.
Gal Vihara (Buddhist temple), Polonnaruwa vatadage, Polonnaruwa archaeological ruins, Lankathilaka image house, Weijantha prasada, Archaeological museum, Statue of Parakramabahu I (King), Medirigiriya vatadage, Gal-potha stone book, Sathmahal prasada, Rankoth vehera, Somawathiya chaitya, Thivanka image house, Lotus pond, Kiri vehera, Nissanka Latha mandapaya, Lord Siva Temple, Samudra Parakrama (Water Reservoir), Angammedilla National Park are some tourist attractions in Polonnaruwa to visit on your tour to UNESCO World heritage sites in Sri Lanka.
Cave Temple in Dambulla - Sri Lanka UNESCO World Heritage Site
Dambulla cave temple, which is also known as Dambulla golden temple, was listed as World heritage sites in Sri Lanka by UNESCO in year 1991. And it is situated in the central part of Sri Lanka. You could find 5 caves in the cave temple complex, and many paintings regarding the life of Lord Buddha makes the temple more famous among Buddhists. Also, you can see many Buddha statues, paintings of Buddha's life history, Hindu Gods with few Sri Lankan kings statues in these caves. Do you want to visit to Dambulla on your heritage tours in Sri Lanka? Contact us today to arrange your tour itinerary covering all the Sri Lanka UNESCO sites.
Sinharaja Reserve Rain Forest - Natural Heritage Places In Sri Lanka
Sinharaja is the island's largest forest hosts the rain forests, biodiversity plants & wild life, designated as the natural heritage site by UNESCO in year 1988. Flora, fauna, butterflies, birds, rain forest, monkeys, spiders, snakes, scorpion, lizards & other reptiles are things to explore in the Sinharaja reserve. It highly recommended to have a guide in the forest to not to miss the view of any interesting creatures, and assistance of the forest guide is must to ensure you will not be left alone in the forest with no clues to exit.
We are pleased to arrange the official guides or our guides with excellent knowledge about the Sinharaja forest, one of the best UNESCO World heritage sites in Sri Lanka for natural lovers. Connect with us today for an extra ordinary 3-4 hours walk inside the Sinharaja forest and explore the nature with wild life.
5 Days in Sri Lanka Heritage Sites - Tours Itinerary
Day 01 : Colombo - Galle
- Transfer from Colombo Airport to Galle city.
- Walk around Galle fort with our Sri Lanka heritage tour guide.
- Experience beach activities in Galle beach.
- Overnight stay in Galle.
Day 02 : Galle - Sinharaja Forest
- Transfer to Sinharaja Forest.
- Experience the forest walk in Sri Lanka, in the natural Sri Lanka heritage sites.
- Overnight stay in a hotel near by Sinharaja forest.
Day 03 : Sinharaja Forest - Kandy
- Transfer to Kandy after breakfast.
- Visit to Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
- Relax & Lunch in Kandy Hotel.
- Visit to Sri Dalada Maligawa, the temple of Tooth relic, one of the World famous heritage places in Sri Lanka.
Day 04 : Kandy - Anuradhapura
- After breakfast transfer from Kandy to Anuradhapura
- Visit ancient temples and monasteries in Anuradhapura, the ancient World heritage site Sri Lanka.
Day 05 : Anuradhapura - Colombo
- After breakfast, transfer to Colombo from Anuradhapura.
- Relax in Colombo hotel.
- Shopping in Colombo.
- Visit to Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple & Sri Ponnambala Vaneshwara Hindu Temple as part of your heritage tours in Sri Lanka.
- Experience Sun set at Galle Face Green.
- After a wonderful time in Sri Lanka World heritage sites, get ready for departure next day.
Central Highlands of Sri Lanka - Natural World heritage sites in Sri Lanka
When it comes to Central Highlands of Sri Lanka knuckles, Horton Plains National Park and Adam's Peak are in the top of the interesting list. These highlands are added to the list of UNESCO heritage sites in Sri Lanka because of its biodiversity. Horton Plains is officially declared as a National park in 1988, is situated in the Nuwara Eliya. The popular tourist destination "World's end" is located in this national park, and you can see flora, fauna and variety of bird species in Horton plains. Horton plains park wins tourists hearts by letting them to do camping and enjoying the wild life with cool weather. Want to have a visit to central highlands, chill with cool climate and mingle with greenish sscenery? Contact us today to organize heritage tours in Sri Lanka covering, this UNESCO World heritage site.
In general, the central highlands of Sri Lanka is filled with tea plantations and the World class Ceylon tea is cultivated here. The greenish hill country has more to see for tourists, such as waterfalls (Ravanna waterfall, Dunhinda waterfall, Devon waterfall, St Clair waterfall & more), water rafting in Kithulgala, farms, tea plantations, mountaineering (Adam's peak, Knuckles mountain range), historical & natural landmarks and more which cannot be described in words. If you would like to tour the UNESCO World heritage sites of Sri Lanka, and probe more history, ancient architecture, biodiversity nature & wild life - we are here to plan, arrange and schedule your tour to Sri Lanka's UNESCO heritage sites
. Connect with us today on Skype : susi.eardly or on hotline +94 77 350 7005 (same number on Whatsapp / Viber). We are always here for you to arrange the best tour to the World heritage sites Sri Lanka.
Contact Us today for Sri Lankan heritage tours including a visit to UNESCO World heritage sites in Sri Lanka.